Here is a quick step by step guide on how to order bespoke pieces in store with Bobbie Burns. It’s so simple.
So how do you get from first ‘over the desk’ enquiries, to your perfect piece of bespoke furniture, sitting in your living room?
If you want to create furniture from scratch, we are happy to guide you through the process from start to finish.
1. FRAMES: Choosing a frame comes first. These come in all shapes and sizes; it’s up to you what you choose.
2. FABRIC: We want to help you create the bigger picture and encourage you to visualise what your furniture would look like. We will guide you through our fabric books based on what you’re looking for; perhaps a pop of colour? You can have as many free samples sent to you as well. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can even source your own fabric! As long as you have a ‘fire regulations’ certificate (FR) or your fabric is 75% or more natural fibres, then you are good to go. There are so many benefits of coming in!
3. FOAM: We have a selection of foams grades for you to try out, to support both back and base!
– Hard/Medium/Soft/Super soft
– Feather/fibre foams as a feather alternative
– Or opt for feather cushions
TOP TIP: We will always recommend adding Dacron & Stockinette to your foams. This is to protect the foam and makes it easier for you to insert into the cover.
4. ADDITIONALS: Last but not least, it’s those little details that count. Buttons, braid, studding & legs! These details add character to your furniture. You can pick & choose and we can advise you on what would look best. With all the colours and styles we have you might feel spoilt for choice!
5. QUOTE: Now all sections are covered, we can create your quotation in store while you wait. We will then talk you through the quote, advise you of timescales and our delivery service. Alternatively, we can email or post the quotation to you and you can respond to us when you are ready.
6. PROCEED/CONVERTING: This is the easy step! If you are happy to get the ball rolling, you only need to contact us via telephone, email or by popping into one of our stores. Once you have confirmed you would like to proceed with the proposed works, we will then ask you for a 50% deposit – this ensures all materials and additional items are covered for.
8. TRANSFORMATION: Whilst your furniture is being transformed, we will keep you updated and let you know when the job will be completed. To give you an idea of the process, have a look at a customers request below…from frame to fully upholstered chair.
9. COMPLETION: Once the job is complete, we will contact you for the rest of the payment and advise on delivery. Who knows? Maybe your furniture will look like the Cadbury chair below?
You can do this online too! Click the link to create your own bespoke furniture with Bobbie Burns.